Add articles, news, or informative content on Topic 3.
WHO WE ARE: We are private U.S. citizens who have travelled to Washington, DC on our own time, with our own resources, to advocate for a “Citizens’ Space Agenda”.
NON-PROFIT SPONSORING ORGANIZATIONS:
- The “Citizens’ Space Agenda” is a project of the Alliance for Space Development (ASD), and is
sponsored by the Space Frontier Foundation and National Space Society
- It is supported by Students for the Exploration and Development of Space, Students on Capitol Hill,
Lifeboat Foundation, The Mars Foundation, The Mars Society, The Space Development Steering
Committee, The Space Tourism Society, Tea Party in Space, the Space Development Foundation,
and the Texas Space Alliance
OUR SPECIFIC REQUESTS
- Establish an Ultra Low Cost Access to Space (ULCATS) program based on public-private partnership
- Ensure a gapless transition from ISS to private space stations in LEO (Low Earth Orbit), with NASA assisting with development and serving as an early customer
- Enable the development of a robust cis-Lunar economy based on commercial purchase of:
A. Transportation services for crew and cargo
B. Fuel and Consumables derived from Lunar and asteroid resources
C. Goods manufactured in space
- Make space development and settlement part of NASA’s official mission
Six Reasons Ultra-Low Cost Access To Space (ULCATS) is Critically Important
- National Security — Currently, America is vulnerable to a Pearl Harbor style attack in space. Commercial reusable launch vehicles (RLVs) will enable a surge capability that can rapidly replenish our space assets. Just the existence of RLVs is a deterrent to a surprise attacks on our space assets. RLVs are a stabilizing deterrent to war.
- Economic Growth — Space is currently a $300+ Billion per year revenue industry. With Ultra-Low Cost Access to Space (ULCATS), space development will accelerate, markets will grow, new industries and many thousands of jobs will be created. A trillion-dollar per year space industry is within our grasp.
- Civil Space — Today, our national space agenda is struggling. With ULCATS, America can lead the large-scale movement of humanity to Orbit, the Moon, to Mars, and throughout the Solar System, affordably & permanently.
- Imagination & Inspiration — If ULCATS reusable space vehicles lead to thousands of people orbiting the Earth every year, the world will be inspired by American leadership, ingenuity, and entrepreneurship.
- Environment — ULCATS will enable affordable low Earth orbit constellations of satellites that can deliver 24-7, 365-day-per-year high-resolution measurements of the entire planet enabling, among other things, improved border monitoring, weather prediction, storm tracking, and understanding of our home
- American Leadership — With the success of ULCATS, America has the potential to become the undisputed leader of the world in space well into the 21st Century, providing significant soft power benefits for American diplomacy and influence in the world.
Why ULCATS Development Makes Good Economic & Policy Sense
- The ULCATS Act directs the U.S. Government to develop supportive relationships with American companies developing high-flight-rate, rapid-turnaround, surge-capable fully reusable launch vehicles (RLVs).
- Nature of the Support: This support should include, but not be limited to, facilities, expertise, software, databases and partial funding for development delivered on the achievement of clearly defined milestones. Successful companies could also receive a contract for a number of launches using the same vehicle.
- If Successful, It Quickly Pays for Itself: The U.S. Government currently spends billions per year on space launch. ULCATS could save U.S. taxpayers a significant part of this large amount.
- Even If Unsuccessful Valuable Technology will be Developed: The American aircraft industry’s global success was and is due, in no small part, to NACA and later NASA supporting
industry with technology development and other assistance. There is every reason to believe
that similar support for space launch will lead to important innovation.
- We Finally Have the Technology: In 2017 we have the technology to build fully-reusable two-stageto-orbit RLVs. A number of commercial companies are working ULCATS. There are relatively inexpensive activities that can assist them and speed development.
- REQUEST: Will you be an original co-sponsor of the ULCATS Act?
Ensure Gapless transition from ISS to Private Commercial Stations in LEO
- BACKGROUND: The U.S. and our partners have invested over $100B building and operating the International Space Station (ISS). The ISS is the foundation of American human spaceflight.
1. The White House and NASA have announced America will transition to commercially-owned and –operated stations after ISS in 2024, but NASA has no plan for managing this transition. Without a clear and viable transition plan, the U.S. risks foreign powers becoming world leaders in LEO, and losing the foundation we have for viable BEO exploration.
• Other nations are on course for Mir-class LEO stations by 2024. Consider the global impact if the ISS burns up in 2024 and countries flock to the stations of other nations to carry out research
2. How can we expect scientists and commercial entities to invest in using the ISS when it has no assured future/transition plan? A gap interval like post-Apollo or post-Shuttle will be a disaster for US-led LEO commercialization and science
• Without a credible transition plan, America will have yet another gap in human spaceflight, and many of the accumulated skills and capabilities generated by three decades of investment could be lost.
1. Commit the U.S. government to continuing its basic research on using, and human adaptation to, the microgravity environment in low Earth orbit (LEO) as a customer of commercial LEO station providers, ensuring that no “gap” will exist in this critical research and development.
2. Encourage NASA to use the proven public/private partnership approach to stimulate rapid development of next-generation commercial application, propulsion, and habitation capabilities for LEO, including testing and demonstration of those capabilities at the ISS before transition to commercial stations.
- REQUEST: Please consider being the primary signer of our letter to the Administration requesting the 2019 budget submission include a transition plan.
Why Cis-lunar Commercialization is Critically Important
- cis-Lunar space includes:
– The area between the Earth and Moon including Earth orbit, Lunar surface, Lunar orbits, L-points.
– Transport of asteroid material to cis-Lunar space for processing extends reach to NEO asteroids.
- What is cis-Lunar Commercialization?
– The usage of public/private partnerships to supply cargo and crews to cis-Lunar government stations, including those on the Lunar surface.
– The purchase and storage in cis-Lunar of vital resources from commercial entities, including rocket fuel, oxygen, and water.
– Enabling both lunar mining and asteroid mining on an equal basis
– A way of enlisting the private sector in lowering the cost of a journey to Mars
- Why Now is the Time for cis-Lunar Commercialization:
– Companies are seriously pursuing asteroid and lunar mining
– NASA has begun the process via NASA’s Next Step of developing a cis-Lunar base in the vicinity of the Moon
– The cost of access to LEO is being addressed by multiple companies, but the cost of access to cis-Lunar space remains high
– The experience base of LEO COTS/CRS is available as a foundation
– The prospective availability of new vehicles for reaching cis-Lunar space
• SLS/Orion, Falcon Heavy, New Glenn, Vulcan
Making Cis-Lunar Commercialization a Reality
- Benefits of Cis-Lunar Commercialization (CLC):
– Economic Growth — has the potential, as outlined by ULA, to support massive growth in the space economy.
– Civil Space — Today, our national space agenda is struggling. With CLC, America has the opportunity to lead the way to the development of Lunar and asteroidal resources while building the foundation of an affordable journey to Mars.
– Imagination & Inspiration — If CLC leads to profitable companies mining the Moon and asteroids, the world will be inspired by American leadership, ingenuity, and entrepreneurship.
– American Leadership — With the success of CLC, America has the potential to become the undisputed leader of the world in space well into the 21st Century, providing significant soft power benefits for American diplomacy and influence in the world. CLC is more affordable for international participants with more short term practical returns than efforts focused on more distant goals.
- Cis-Lunar Commercialization Heritage
– The draft Bill is based on the Launch Services Purchase Act of 1990 and the 1998 Commercial Space Act, but extended into Cis-Lunar Space
– Are you willing to sign a letter to the space subcommittee urging them to take up the CisLunar Commercialization Act of 2017?
- REQUEST (space subcommittee)
– Are you willing to be the primary sponsor of Cis-Lunar Commercialization Act of 2017 draft legislation?
- DRAFT legislation can be found at:
America Needs — The Space Exploration, Development and Settlement Act
- It gives American space policy a truly long-term goal.
- Permanent human space settlement is an idea that inspires — from Jeff Bezos, to Elon Musk, to many other private citizens — and so it will inspire a new generation to go into STEM related fields.
- It will drive an exponentially growing space-based economy, and lead to economic growth and abundant resources for people on and off planet Earth.
- It will provide humanity with a better chance for long-term survival.
- Space settlement is in the long-term strategic interest of America, and will influence the future of human freedom
- Consider how the U.S. role in the world could be altered if other countries lead in mining lunar resources and dominate the development and settlement of the Moon.
- Consider the impact of such a loss of American leadership on the long-term values of human civilization far into the future.
SEDS Act & Request
- The Space Exploration, Development and Settlement Act (SEDS) bill would amend the law governing the activities of NASA, known as the NASA Act of 1958, to include this statement:
– “Exploration, Development and Settlement of Space.—The Congress declares that
expanding permanent human presence beyond low-Earth orbit in a way that enables human
settlement and a thriving space economy will enhance the general welfare of the United
States and requires the Administration to encourage and support the development of
permanent space settlements.”
- The SEDS Act has been introduced as H.R. 4752 by Rep. Dana Rohrabacher (R-CA) in the House:
- Rep. Rohrabacher will be re-introducing the SEDS act in the current session:
– REQUEST (United States House of Representatives)
- Are you willing to a co-sponsor of H.R. 4752?
– REQUEST (United States Senate)
- Are you willing to sponsor the SEDS Bill in the Senate?
March Storm Registration is now open! Please sign up at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/march-storm-2017-tickets-31103425182?aff=es2.
NSS, ASD, and the SFF are sponsoring March Storm 2017, the premier citizen space related Washington visit event. The draft slides that will be used for March Storm 2017 can be found at LINK.
This year, we have decided to request participants pay a $35 registration fee, and we are using Eventbite, a popular and reliable service, to collect the fees. PLEASE NOTE – students are free on display of a student ID card during the training session. Also, if you are unable to pay the $35, scholarships are available. Eventbrite will walk you through the process.
Please send any questions to email@example.com.
See you in Washington March 12!
Director of Communications
Alliance for Space Development
Once again, the Alliance for Space Development is taking our critical advocacy to the virtual domain! Due to the continuing situation with COVID-19, along with recommendations from the CDC and the city of Washington DC, the Alliance for Space Development has decided to keep this year’s Fall Fury event entirely virtual. We will be utilizing conference lines similar to the previous Fall Fury and March Storm events.
This year’s event will begin in Mid-September and extend to the first weeks of December. Over the next few weeks, ASD will be scheduling meetings with key congressional offices and splitting volunteers into action teams.
Virtual training will be provided for all signups. Our training will include specifics on who we are, what we are advocating for, and how to participate in these virtual meetings. We make sure that everyone can contribute to our advocacy efforts regardless of prior experience. Don’t be afraid to sign up if it’s your first time advocating! Training date and time will be communicated to all signups, and the training will be recorded for those who are unable to attend live.
Please direct any questions or comments to Executive Coordinator Ian Burrell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2021 Virtual Fall Fury Event will be a premier advocacy event for pro-space enthusiasts and industry workers. Throughout the Autumn season, join fellow space enthusiasts from around the country to advocate for the 2021 Citizens’ Space Agenda. Developed by the Alliance for Space Development, our policy points were developed by our member organizations including the National Space Society, Space Frontier Foundation, Students for the Exploration and Development of Space, and many others. This year, the Alliance will advocate for four policy points:
- Support planetary defense by fully funding the Near-Earth Object Surveillance Mission (NEOSM).
- Support commercial development of Low Earth Orbit by fully funding the LEO Commercialization Program.
- Support commercial development of the lunar surface.
- Start developing and demonstrating Space Solar Power.
The first of these points is a continuation of our previous efforts, which have made great strides in the past two years. With NASA’s new focus on planetary defense from the public’s interest, the previously advocated NEOCAM mission has been moved to a new mission called NEOSM. This could likely be the year we see full funding of this mission and a success on our part.
Continuing our efforts from previous years, we are again turning attention towards the development of Low Earth Orbit (LEO). Humans have inhabited LEO for 20 years since the creation of the International Space Station. The station does not have an infinite lifetime, and will be decommissioned sometime in the coming years. An alternative needs to be developed to continue NASA research, provide a global testbed, and develop commercial products in LEO. With several U.S. companies developing LEO stations, we are asking for full funding for Commercial LEO Development.
The commercial efforts of the Commercial Lunar Payload Services (CLPS) and the Human Lander Systems program aim to make the lunar surface a place of human exploration and development for the coming decades. The Alliance for Space Development believes commercially-focused developments and vehicles will allow for sustained human access to the Lunar surface. Since many of these programs rely on government funding, we are asking congress to continuously fund these cislunar projects to completion.
We are also continuing our efforts to promote Space Solar Power (SSP). SSP refers to the collection of the sun’s energy in the space environment, then beaming that energy for collection on the Earth’s surface. After a discussion with representatives from ASD member organizations, we believe our country’s capabilities with space access, solar power, and energy transfer have reached a level where we can begin looking at an SSP program. With increasingly cheaper access to orbit and a growing need for energy across the globe, this program could pave the way to U.S. dominance in LEO. Several agencies, companies, and international competitors have begun their own research into SSP programs.
ASD 2021 Objectives [PDF] (updated September 2021)
some brake work and a new battery
Each of the 72 en suite guest rooms has gourmet tea and direct dial phones, while some also have large bay windows and four poster beds. Amenities include wake up calls,Pandora Charms Rings Outlet Sale Jewelry Uk, porter service, free newspapers and high chairs for travelers with infants. Guests can request fresh flowers and a fruit bowl for their rooms, placed upon arrival.
Power can be damaging too but people purchase Bathmate Hydro pumps in UK because they offer higher safety standards. The complete control on extent of vacuum ensures that you keep it within confortable levels. The pumps are said to offer considerable benefits within 6 to 8 weeks of use.
Yohimbine also slightly raises serum testosterone levels in men (13). 4. What are the side effects of yohimbine? Anxiety is the most common side effect seen with yohimbine, especially higher doses,Pandora Charms Rings uk Sale Outlet, and for this reason it should not be used by individuals prone to panic attacks or with stress related disorders (14, 15).
In more than a word sky high stress levels,Pandora Charms Sale Bracelet Rings 2015 Sale, unaffordable gym fees, vegies that cost the earth and a drinking culture that’s spawned more chapters of Alcoholics Anonymous than any other city on the planet. But fear not. There are ways to dodge the jab and shift the consequences if you’re already afflicted..
We left just for the recreation as in a group. Until my final six month period that I really felt only, I had to find a friend to divide with my life. I could not find group of friends whom we left with. What does 4.6 MMcfe/d mean? This means that a Marcellus shale well is producing 4.6 million cubic feet equivalent of natural gas per day. Equivalent is used to describe the equivalent amount of energy generated by the burning natural gas and condensate vs. Crude oil, with every 6,000 cubic feet of natural gas being equivalent to one barrel of oil.
Each of these games has its own unique theme, ranging from red Indians and squaws to 50’s rock ‘n’ roll. One of these games is Golden Goose Totem Treasure, a 5 reel, 20 pay line video slot about red Indians and squaws. There are 4 bonus games,Cheap Pandora Charms Rings Outlet, including Golden Egg, Golden Reels, Money or the Egg, and Pick a Card.
Statistical analysisExposures of interest were total meat consumption, non processed vs processed meat consumption and consumption of different meat types. Processed meat formed a separate category to be compared against non processed meat. Survival analyses were conducted in Stata version 9 using Cox regression weighted by the inverse of the probability of being sampled to take into account the large proportion of vegetarians in the cohort.
Manufactured by Pfizer, champix varenicline was approved for use by the UK Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as a smoking cessation treatment in May 2006. Varenicline is marketed under the brand name champix in the United Kingdom and as Chantix in US and elsewhere. The FDA has recommended the use of the smoking cessation drug champix varenicline for twelve weeks.